We pride ourselves on our employees and meticulous facilities. When you work at RL Hudson, you’re a part of something great. We are a rapidly growing, family owned company that specializes in solving problems and increasing value for our customers. Many of the world’s most sophisticated manufacturing companies rely on RL Hudson for a wide range of components, including molded rubber, molded plastic, formed hoses, sealing devices and custom assemblies. These large OEMs turn to RL Hudson when they need innovative design solutions, excellent service, reliable quality and delivery at a great value. We are constantly looking for talented individuals to join our team. Let’s explore the possibilities together.
Provides hands on support for systems administration, maintenance and operations. Assists in the selection, installation, configuration and troubleshooting of system hardware and software. Exercises judgment in the diagnosis of system issues and recommends enhancements for hardware and software.
This position is accountable for ensuring continuity of computer services for all users throughout the organization via planning, technical leadership, and project coordination. The Administrator works across a broad range of technologies and liaises across multiple areas of the business to support incidents, problems and requests. He/she is also responsible for answering IT requests via the Ticket System and explaining solutions in technical and nontechnical terms
1. Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization
2. Deploy, monitor, maintain, upgrade and support all IT systems, including telecommunications, servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, peripherals and equipment in all areas of the operation including manufacturing, assembly, warehouse, and the corporate offices.
3. Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues
4. Perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures. Maintain anti-virus protection systems, keeping knowledge of the latest threats and ensuring software is appropriately updated and functional
5 Identify, log and resolve technical problems with software applications (ticket system) or network systems. Effectively communicate with end users to understand and troubleshoot problems
6. Identify potential changes and system improvements to present to senior team leaders for consideration and implementation
7. Responsible for capacity, storage planning, and database performance
8. Perform other tasks as required or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required:
Preferred Education and Experience:
• Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field (preferred), or equivalent experience required
• 3 or more years prior experience in database administration, network administration, or system administration
• System admin and IT certifications in Linux, Microsoft, or other network related fields are a plus
• Working knowledge of virtualization, VMWare, or equivalent
• Active Directory and Group Policy Administration
• Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
• Experience with scripting and automation tools