Why work for RL Hudson
We pride ourselves on our employees and meticulous facilities. When you work at RL Hudson, you’re a part of something great. We are a rapidly growing, family owned company that specializes in solving problems and increasing value for our customers. Many of the world’s most sophisticated manufacturing companies rely on RL Hudson for a wide range of components, including molded rubber, molded plastic, formed hoses, sealing devices and custom assemblies. These large OEMs turn to RL Hudson when they need innovative design solutions, excellent service, reliable quality and delivery at a great value. We are constantly looking for talented individuals to join our team. Let’s explore the possibilities together.
Job Summary / Organizational Impact
Responsible for supporting the organization through manufacturing support and support on standard products that consistently meet customer requirements in accordance with Company standards as well as learning non-standard product standards to assist technical staff while advancing toward product design position.
The effectiveness of this position bears directly on the operating performance of the Company.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Assist Project Managers with technical issues by making recommendations, reviewing drawings and clarifying design of standard products.
- Define and perform product validation and verification test plans with documented test reports and procedures.
- Work with Quality Control and suppliers to ensure quality of product. Review ISIR, MRR and PPAP data to address tooling corrections or drawing revisions. Assist with interpretation of drawings, design tools and fixtures as needed.
- Design of new and improvement of existing components and assemblies to meet customer requirements including but not limited to: (A) Design and development with customers and other engineers; (B) Design documentation through creation of models and drawings with adequate specifications.
- Perform related responsibilities as required or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, and ability to learn new programs including Pro/Engineer, Navision, and Docuware.
- Must possess exceptional communication and customer service skills, and be able to communicate well with others, internally and externally.
- Must be organized and detail-oriented. Must be able to manage many projects simultaneously and be able to switch focus frequently while maintaining overall effectiveness.
- Must possess good decision making and analytical skills.
- Must be able to read and comprehend engineering drawings. Must have a basic understanding of rubber and plastic as well as molding, stamping, machining, and other manufacturing techniques.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering Preferred)