We pride ourselves on our employees and meticulous facilities. When you work at RL Hudson, you’re a part of something great. We are a rapidly growing, family owned company that specializes in solving problems and increasing value for our customers. Many of the world’s most sophisticated manufacturing companies rely on RL Hudson for a wide range of components, including molded rubber, molded plastic, formed hoses, sealing devices and custom assemblies. These large OEMs turn to RL Hudson when they need innovative design solutions, excellent service, reliable quality and delivery at a great value. We are constantly looking for talented individuals to join our team. Let’s explore the possibilities together.
Responsible for Quality Assurance activities to insure new and production products consistently meet customer requirements in accordance with Company standards. Coordinate and direct the routine activities of customer complaints, corrective actions, supplier quality development, etc. for the Quality Department and stand in for the Quality Manager in their absence.
The effectiveness of this position bears directly on the operating performance of the Company.
1. Lead the corrective action efforts internally and assist suppliers as required, utilizing 8Ds methodology. Manage communication and relations between RLH and the customer as well as between RLH and suppliers if needed.
2. Support the Quality activities related to development of new products and Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP).
3. Support Supplier Quality Engineering initiatives with regional suppliers (perform audits, monitor performance…).
4. Participate in continuous improvement efforts for product quality and/or process efficiency or safety.
5. Assist in inspection related measurement or testing as needed.
6. Perform related responsibilities as required or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required:
Preferred Education and Experience:
SPECIAL JOB DIMENSIONS:
• Some travel may be required to customers and domestic or international suppliers.
• Flexibility to answer emails and/or have conference calls with factories at night is very helpful.
• This position is occasionally exposed to the following environmental conditions: subject to air and/or skin exposure to oils and/or other hazardous materials, sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level and one or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or skin: fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation
• This position is constantly protected from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes