Why work for RL Hudson
We pride ourselves on our employees and meticulous facilities. When you work at RL Hudson, you’re a part of something great. We are a rapidly growing, family owned company that specializes in solving problems and increasing value for our customers. Many of the world’s most sophisticated manufacturing companies rely on RL Hudson for a wide range of components, including molded rubber, molded plastic, formed hoses, sealing devices and custom assemblies. These large OEMs turn to RL Hudson when they need innovative design solutions, excellent service, reliable quality and delivery at a great value. We are constantly looking for talented individuals to join our team. Let’s explore the possibilities together.
Job Summary / Organizational Impact
Responsible for Quality Assurance activities to ensure new products consistently meet customer requirements in accordance with Company standards. Coordinate and direct the routine day-to-day activities of PPAP, APQP, CAR’s, etc. for the Quality Department and stand in for the Director of Quality in his absence.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Initiate and lead corrective action efforts
- Participate in Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) activities on new products. Assist Project Managers as needed with technical issues by making recommendations, reviewing drawings and clarifying designs
- Work with Manufacturing and Assembly to successfully launch new products, including specifying required fixtures and test equipment, performing evaluations and measurements of first articles, documentation of procedures, and coordinating data collection needs
- Perform related responsibilities as required or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and ability to learn new programs including Navision, and Docuware.
- Must possess exceptional communication and customer service skills, and be able to communicate well with others, internally and externally.
- Must be organized and detail-oriented. Must be able to manage many projects simultaneously and be able to switch focus frequently while maintaining overall effectiveness.
- Must possess good decision making and analytical skills.
- Must be able to read and comprehend engineering drawings. Knowledge of rubber and plastic as well as molding, stamping, machining, and other manufacturing techniques. Knowledge of various standards, practices, & specifications including ASME, ANSI, ASTM, SAE, RMA, Plastic Molders Guideline, and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing. Basic understanding of tooling, fixture, and gage design preferred.
- Ability to use metrology and statistical methods to diagnose and correct improper quality control practices.
- Knowledge of all elements of the PPAP sample documentation requirements including the ability to coordinate the APQP process
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering Preferred)
- ASQ Quality Engineering Certification (CQE) preferred
- Lean / Six Sigma Green Belt Certification preferred
- 4 plus years of quality related experience in a decision-making position
- Experience with rubber or plastic product preferred
- Experience with manufacturing processes related to rubber and plastic product including extrusion, compression molding, and injection molding preferred