We pride ourselves on our employees and meticulous facilities. When you work at RL Hudson, you’re a part of something great. We are a rapidly growing, family owned company that specializes in solving problems and increasing value for our customers. Many of the world’s most sophisticated manufacturing companies rely on RL Hudson for a wide range of components, including molded rubber, molded plastic, formed hoses, sealing devices and custom assemblies. These large OEMs turn to RL Hudson when they need innovative design solutions, excellent service, reliable quality and delivery at a great value. We are constantly looking for talented individuals to join our team. Let’s explore the possibilities together.
JOB SUMMARY/ORGANIZATIONAL IMPACT:
Responsible for oversight of the Tooling area and other Toolmakers. Manufacture, maintain and repair molds and other tooling. Coordinates with the Manufacturing Team (Operations, Engineering, Project Management and Scheduling) to set priorities for the Tooling group to meet scheduled completion dates.
The organization impact involves effective management of time and resources to meet required delivery schedules.
|1. Use CNC and manual Toolroom machines to repair, modify, maintain and build injection molds, fixtures, gages and other tooling.|
|2. Management of other Toolmakers, including approving time in payroll system, performing performance reviews, and tracking progress to goals.|
|3. Prioritize and communicate upcoming tooling work and timing to Tooling team and Manufacturing Team.|
|4. Review drawings and model files for upcoming work to make sure all necessary details are clear and included. Distribute drawings and models to other Toolmakers as needed.|
|5. Maintain all tooling center equipment, ensuring proper function; ensure tooling center is a clean and safe working environment.|
|6. Perform related responsibilities as necessary or required.|
Knowledge and Skill
· 10+ years of experience building, repairing and modifying Plastic Injection Molds.
· Proficient with CNC and Manual machine tools
· Ability to interpret drawings and translate drawings to finished machined components and assembled injection molds
· Proficient with measurement tools
· Detailed knowledge of outsourced functions (not done at RL Hudson) such as Wire and Sinker EDM, Heat Treating, Welding and Plating.
· Interpersonal and Communication Skills. Must possess communication skills and be able to communicate well with others, internally and externally.
· Organizational Skills. Must be organized and detail-oriented. Must be able to multi-task and prioritize projects.
· High School Diploma or Equivalent
· 10+ years Related Experience
|Climbing: Body agility is emphasized for ascending or descending ladders, stairs, ramps, and the like by using feet, legs, hands or arms.|
|Stooping: Bending the body downward and forward at the waist, requiring full use of the lower extremities and back muscles.|
|Kneeling: Bending legs to come to a rest on the knee(s).|
|Balancing: Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing, or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces.|
|Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.|
|Carrying: Transporting an object, usually holding it in the hands or arms or on the shoulder. (Maximum weight of the object(s) 50 pounds)|
|Pushing: Using the upper extremities to exert force upon an object so that the object moves away from the force. (Maximum weight of the object(s) 50 pounds)|
|Pulling: Using the upper extremities to exert force upon an object so that the object moves toward the force. (Maximum weight of the object(s) 50 pounds)|
|Sitting: Remaining in the normal seated position.|
|Standing: Remaining on one’s feet in an upright position without moving about, particularly for sustained periods of time.|
|Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks.|
|Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally. (Maximum weight of the object(s) 50 pounds)|
|Grasping: Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and/or palm.|
|Repetitive Motions: Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers for the purpose of picking up items, typing, operating ten-key or performing data entry.|
|Talking: Expressing or exchanging instructions and ideas by means of the spoken word.|
|Hearing: Ability to receive oral information and/or sounds through the ear.|
|Seeing: Obtaining impressions through the eyes of the distance, size, shape, motion, color, or other characteristics of objects. The major visual functions are:
1. Acuity (far and near)
2. Depth perception (perceiving distances)
3. Color vision (distinguishing between different colors)
4. Field of vision (seeing a wide range of objects at the same time).
|The worker is substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions as follows:
· This position is subject to oils and/or hazardous materials: There is air and/or skin exposure to oils and other fluids.
· This position is subject to noise: There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level.
· This position is subject to atmospheric conditions: One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or skin: Fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation.
SPECIAL JOB DIMENSIONS: