We pride ourselves on our employees and meticulous facilities. When you work at RL Hudson, you’re a part of something great. We are a rapidly growing, family owned company that specializes in solving problems and increasing value for our customers. Many of the world’s most sophisticated manufacturing companies rely on RL Hudson for a wide range of components, including molded rubber, molded plastic, formed hoses, sealing devices and custom assemblies. These large OEMs turn to RL Hudson when they need innovative design solutions, excellent service, reliable quality and delivery at a great value. We are constantly looking for talented individuals to join our team. Let’s explore the possibilities together.
Responsible for all aspects of the Supply Chain/Customer Service team. Scope of leadership includes developing and managing people, processes and data systems to effectively maintain the flow of materials and information to support customer requirements.
Demand management facilitates the planning and use of resources for profitable business results. In Customer Service, it is the process of planning, executing, controlling, and monitoring the design, pricing, and distribution of products and services to bring about transactions that meet organizational and customer needs.
1. Responsible for management and continuous improvements to inventory management systems and procedures that deal with demand variability to reduce but ensure inventory levels are sufficient to meet customers’ demands through shortening supply networks, inventory planning, forecasting, and order management.
2. Establish and lead supplier identification, requests for quotes and supplier selection process to determine and obtain the most competitive cost effective to meet the requirements of the customers and ensure that the capabilities of suppliers are able to provide the right price, service, and delivery commitment to the customers.
3. Analyze the pricing and terms/conditions proposals from supply base
4. Develop and manage relationships with supplier networks, as well as identifying supplier specific issues that may impact any of the company’s supply networks, influence the company’s source of supply, and/or limit the company’s ability to operate cost effectively.
5. Responsible for management and continuous improvement of the Buyer/Planner team in the daily operations including MRP, issue RMA, inventory management, product sampling, quotations, problem resolution, adherence to quality procedures, etc. Implement and adhere to customer specified requirements. Provide support to the Territory Managers as required.
6. Handle customer inquiries as referred by team members or received directly from customers.
7. Develop and operate within budget as approved by management
8. Promotes information technology solutions and identifies technology opportunities to improve supply chain management and customer service
9. Perform related responsibilities as required or assigned.
Knowledge and Skill
• Basic computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Interpersonal and communication skills – must possess communication, customer service and negotiating skills, and be able to communicate well with others, internally and externally
• Organizational and planning skills – must be organized, detail-oriented and have ability to develop business plans and budgets
• Leadership skills – must have ability to develop lead and motivate an organization or team
• Specialized skills – must be highly competent in ERM/MRP systems as both a user and developer
• Some Travel required
• Bechelor Degree or equivalent experience
• 5 to 8 years’ experience
Climbing: Body agility is emphasized for ascending or descending ladders, stairs, ramps, and the like by using feet, legs, hands or arms.
Stooping: Bending the body downward and forward at the waist, requiring full use of the lower extremities and back muscles.
Kneeling: Bending legs to come to a rest on the knee(s).
Balancing: Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing, or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces.
Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
Carrying: Transporting an object, usually holding it in the hands or arms or on the shoulder. (Maximum weight of the object(s) 5 pounds)
Pushing: Using the upper extremities to exert force upon an object so that the object moves away from the force. (Maximum weight of the object(s) 5 pounds)
Pulling: Using the upper extremities to exert force upon an object so that the object moves toward the force. (Maximum weight of the object(s) 5 pounds)
Sitting: Remaining in the normal seated position.
Standing: Remaining on one’s feet in an upright position without moving about, particularly for sustained periods of time.
Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks.
Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally. (Maximum weight of the object(s) 5 pounds)
Grasping: Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and/or palm.
Repetitive Motions: Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers for the purpose of picking up items, typing, operating ten-key or performing data entry.
Talking: Expressing or exchanging instructions and ideas by means of the spoken word.
Hearing: Ability to receive oral information and/or sounds through the ear.
Seeing: Obtaining impressions through the eyes of the distance, size, shape, motion, color, or other characteristics of objects. The major visual functions are:
1. Acuity (far and near)
2. Depth perception (perceiving distances)
3. Color vision (distinguishing between different colors)
4. Field of vision (seeing a wide range of objects at the same time).
The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (typical office/administrative work).
Note: The essential job functions and associated physical and mental requirements contained in this document describe the general nature and level of the work performed by personnel assigned to the job. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive listing or be inclusive of all aspects of the job. The tasks and procedures involved in the performance of the job responsibilities may vary from day-to-day. Major changes in areas of responsibility will require revision of this job description.