Why work for RL Hudson
We pride ourselves on our employees and meticulous facilities. When you work at RL Hudson, you’re a part of something great. We are a rapidly growing, family owned company that specializes in solving problems and increasing value for our customers. Many of the world’s most sophisticated manufacturing companies rely on RL Hudson for a wide range of components, including molded rubber, molded plastic, formed hoses, sealing devices and custom assemblies. These large OEMs turn to RL Hudson when they need innovative design solutions, excellent service, reliable quality and delivery at a great value. We are constantly looking for talented individuals to join our team. Let’s explore the possibilities together.
Job Summary / Organizational Impact
Works across a broad range of technologies and liaises across multiple areas of the business to support incidents, problems and requests. Responsible for answering IT requests via phone, email, live chat or instant message and explaining solutions in technical and non-technical terms.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Configure and install PCs, telephone systems, wireless networks and peripheral devices (such as printers, scanners, mobile/smart phones) related to desktop infrastructure, in accordance with department standards
- Provides advice and guidance to colleagues regarding incidents
- Maintain installed PCs, networks, telephone systems and peripherals with routine maintenance
- Identify, log and resolve technical problems with software applications or network systems
- Identify potential changes and system improvements to present to senior team leaders for consideration and implementation
- Ensure that work is carried out within agreed service levels and in accordance with department guidelines
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
- Keep current with the latest technologies
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required:
- Interpersonal and Communication Skills. Must be able to communicate well with others, internally and externally.
- Advanced Computer Skills.
- Organizational Skills. Must be organized and detail-oriented. Must be able to multi-task and prioritize projects
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field, or equivalent experience required
- Experience in database administration, network administration, or system administration
- System administration and IT certifications in Linux, Microsoft, or other network related fields are a plus
- Working knowledge of virtualization, VMWare, or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
- Experience with scripting and automation tools