Why work for RL Hudson
We pride ourselves on our employees and meticulous facilities. When you work at RL Hudson, you’re a part of something great. We are a rapidly growing, family owned company that specializes in solving problems and increasing value for our customers. Many of the world’s most sophisticated manufacturing companies rely on RL Hudson for a wide range of components, including molded rubber, molded plastic, formed hoses, sealing devices and custom assemblies. These large OEMs turn to RL Hudson when they need innovative design solutions, excellent service, reliable quality and delivery at a great value. We are constantly looking for talented individuals to join our team. Let’s explore the possibilities together.
Business development opportunity in the upper mid-west United States seeking candidates with a demonstrated ability to increase sales at the OEM level. Working with a motivated and growing company, the Territory Manager will seek out new opportunities in diversified manufacturing markets that fit our growth goals. We manufacture parts and partnerships; and our customers are some of the most prestigious manufacturers in the world.
Job Summary / Organizational Impact
The primary job responsibility is to achieve or exceed revenue targets through new business development at existing customers and new accounts. Specific targets for each TM will be developed prior to the beginning of the fiscal year in conjunction with the Vice President of Sales & Marketing. The achievement of the Company’s financial goals are dependent upon each TM reaching or exceeding their individual revenue and gross margin goals. Responsible for cultivating the existing customer base via regularly developing, maintaining, and implementing new projects and methods to communicate the current and future R. L. Hudson capabilities. Responsible for researching and identifying new customers that RLH desires to work with through networking, use of relevant publications, cold calling, industry events and analysis, competitive analysis and house account/web/email referrals.
The organizational impact involves decision making and a problem solving which have direct impact on the operating or financial performance of a business unit or profit center
KEY PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS
- Achieve or exceed revenue and gross margin targets
- Grow sales revenue within existing accounts
- Prospect for new accounts to achieve new revenue growth goals
- Control the sales cycle by effectively managing the selling process
- Maintain appropriate business relationships within existing accounts
- Effectively manage customer issues and problems to satisfaction
- Accurately forecast revenue within assigned territory
- Control travel and business expenses within prescribed budget
- Utilize the company’s engineering, technical, and project management resources to develop credibility and relationships with customer engineering, quality, and purchasing organizations
Responsibilities and essential functions
| 1. Prospecting – (a) Identify potential customers and contact appropriate decision makers; (b) utilize company marketing systems and material to communicate with prospects; (c) follow-up on a regular basis with new prospective customers.
| 2. Project Review/Management – (a) Initial contact within RLH with engineering and project manager; (b) respond to email inquiries (material profile, specifications, drawings and tolerance changes, incomplete or inaccurate quotations); and (c) assist with project work (direction and training of project manager, checking/monitoring project status).
| 3. Negotiation/quotation process with customers/supply chain – Request price target information and other competitive information prior to releasing quotation. Discuss with Project Manager, and Engineering or Materials once a target price is obtained.
| 4. Customer Calls – Meet with potential and existing customers – Existing customers: (a) growth potential; (b) new product opportunities; and (c) problem solving and solutions, advice, recommendations. Potential customers: (a) meet or exceed RLH profile, and (b) determine potential after careful review of fit to RLH capabilities.
| 5. Work with customer and RLH engineers to develop new projects – (a) Problem solving, (b) solutions, and (c) advice and recommendations.
| 6. Reports, planning, and training on new capabilities – (a) expense and mileage reports, (b) weekly itineraries, (c) Top Ten Report, and (d) CRM data management for pipeline opportunities, communications and sales call activity
7. Driving – must maintain a valid driver license, vehicle insurance coverage per company policies and be able to drive to and from customer locations.
| 8. Perform related responsibilities as required or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Characteristics
- Ability to effectively manage the sales process.
- Analysis and decision making skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Effective communication and project management skills.
- Strong sales, listening and probing skills.
- Knowledge of products, processes and materials.
- Present a positive and Professional Image to customers and prospects
- Proficient computer skills including, internet, email, word processing, spreadsheets and business software
- Ability to travel 30%-50% of the time
- Work well with others inside the RLH organization and with customers
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems
- Be an innovative thinker
- Have a bias toward action
- Be a leader
- Strong work ethic and drive to succeed
- Ability to embrace change
- Be honest and have a high level of integrity
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 6 to 8 years related experience
SPECIAL JOB DIMENSIONS:
- Motivation to excel and desire to keep all projects and prospecting/selling moving towards goals and objectives.
- Seek opportunities to build relationships with contact persons at customer’s facilities.